Besides making strides in CrossFit, you can find Kiran working on his ankles, glutes & hamstrings with DAC PT, working on his flexibility in yoga, and doing his accessory work in the Fitness Center. These are the markings of an athlete who is determined to improve and make progress in the right direction. He's a coach's dream!
Apparently he's still in disbelief that he's stuck with it for this long, but we are SO glad that he did!
Nice work, Kiran!
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
I started Crossfit on June2017. It was summer, my wife and kids went India for a vacation, i had a lot of free time and decided to try Crossfit for few months and i don't believe that i am still continuing. Thanks to coach Sean, who did my on ramp training, all other coaches, DAC PT team and fellow Crossfitters who made me very comfortable and a part of this fantastic family.
2. What are some of your goals to accomplish in 2019?
So many : ), Recently i started doing some of the WODs with performance standards, My goal for the end of this year would be able to do all the WODs with performance standards. My body is very stiff, another goal for this year is to work on my body flexibility
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
In House throwdown in the month of January and the ongoing Crossfit open
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
Not really, some protein mix post workout. But i try to eat healthy when ever possible. My dream cheat meal of the day would be lots of rice, with meat and spices for breakfast , lunch and dinner
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).
My strength movements are Deadlifts, Box jumps and Wall balls. So, my ideal WOD would be
5 round for the time (15 min)
20 Dead lifts
20 Box jumps
20 Wall balls
Over head squats usually destroys my knees, so i am afraid of any WOD with OH squats in between
10 minutes AMRAP
15 OH squats
15 Burpees over the bar
20 cal assault bike
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
I have two kids and my younger one is only 2 years old so they take most of my free time.
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
I love cooking, My specialty is Indian spicy food.
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
Yes, For the people who are hesitating to try Crossfit, Just try it once and you will love it.