Looking for a little extra motivation in your workout? Set yourself up right next to Madi, and watch her kick some ass.
She puts her whole heart into every single thing she does at CFNH, and her progress is evident of that.
She sets goals for herself, and works tirelessly to achieve them. It's this attitude that has gotten her to where she is in her fitness journey.
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
Started at Hamden True Athletic Gym summer 2016
2. There are only a few days left in 2018 – what are some of your goals to accomplish in the New Year?
Flight simulator to 40 by the end of this month! and want to keep working on Bar, Ring muscle ups and HPU.
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
Got 1 BMU!
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
Not strictly, but try to cook myself most days and use as little processed foods as I can. Usually slip on the weekends. Ideal cheat meal would be any kind of Italian pasta dish with all the carbs and cheese.
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).
Ideal WOD include anything with lower body and ab movements like deadlifts, GHD, Squats, ab mat sit ups. My goat workouts are ones with movements like snatch, DUBs, Pull ups, TTB.
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
I work as a manufacturing engineer at Medtronic in North Haven. I also have a second part time job during Quinnipiac Hockey and Bball seasons I run the graphic screens they have in their arenas during the games. You could also find me out on the rugby field playing for new haven rugby club. Always like to stay busy visiting new places or hanging with friends and family.
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
This is the hardest question lol I guess random fact about me most do not know I am dyslexic.. would never really know except when I read allowed that is when things get jumbled sometimes.
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
Short and simple, Dont Stop. Things might get difficult and sometimes you leave a work out feeling horrible whether it is because of your fitness level or a movement was giving you a hard time that day (I know I do). Do not get discouraged the only bad workouts are the ones you do not attempt. Force your self to go to the WODs that you are not necessarily strong at, practice and repetition is the only way you'll improve. These are the things I continue to remind my self of.