If you're at CFNH and you hear screaming, it may be that our June Female Athlete of the Month's pull-up practice has paid off. Meghan Wilson is on the go and fuels accordingly, and is now CFNH's Female Athlete of the Month!
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
I started in January 2016 at CrossFit New Haven. I was in a rut with the same old gym routine and desperately needed a change . I got my laptop out and shot Aaron an email and coerced my boyfriend Steven to jump on the band wagon. The On-Ramp started with coaches Jared and Poot and I was sold.
2. How have your goals and/or motivations changed in the last year? We're halfway through 2017, what are some of your goals for the rest of the year?
Lately I have been challenging myself and doing more Performance workouts and will continue during our WODs to become stronger and increase stamina. I strive to keep working at strict pull-ups and push-ups. The day I can do a strict pull up and then butterfly, I might scream.
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
Well I am very proud to answer this question I recently competed in my first triathlon the beginning of this month. Along with doing crossfit during the week most nights were spent running, biking , and swimming at the town pool. I was very happy of my achievement and though it was the toughest thing i have ever done I’m a glutton for punishment and want to compete in the Hammerfest Triathalon this September .
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
For the most part, I really try to eat healthy during the week that is Mon-Thurs…..ha. Lots of lean meat, veggies, and casein shakes for dessert. I really love to eat healthy, but I do have a sweet tooth. My friends and family are astonished by my big appetite, but hey, a girl’s gotta fuel! My dream cheat meal would consist of a fresh sauce pizza & a glass of vino … with a peanut butter sundae to top it off.
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).
I really love long WODs, so bread and butter would consist of a (40min 2 rounds) 400m run, 25 push ups ,400m run, 25 kb swings, 400m run, 25 dead lifts, 400m run, 25 ab mat sit ups, 400m run, 25 air squats, 400m run, 25 box jumps, 400m run, 25 wb . Goat WOD would either consist of banded pull ups, overhead squats, toes to bar - all ones that I strive to improve.
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
With family and friends, preferably. Anything outdoors, I'm there. I’m always on the go. I love to travel and see different cultures throughout the world. I recently traveled to Italy and would go back in a heartbeat. I enjoy water activities and spending time at our lake house. I even got my little Cavalier King Charles Ella to enjoy riding on the jet skis if you can imagine !. I work as a nurse and couldn’t imagine doing anything else as I truly enjoy caring for others.
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
I played Division 1 lacrosse at CCSU
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
I would encourage everyone to step out of their comfort zone and set challenges for yourself. It's the best feeling to set a goal and overcome it . The coaches and athletes at CFNH have been nothing but amazing and supportive on a daily basis. I truly love working out at CFNH - it’s just not a gym but a community of just pure awesomeness!