Cole Williams does NOT worry about the guy/girl next to or ahead of him and that focus has helped him become CFNH's July Athlete of the Month!
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
I started Crossfit at CFNH May 6, 2015
2. How have your goals and/or motivations changed in the last year? We're halfway through 2017, what are some of your goals for the rest of the year?
My goals haven’t changed in the past 6 months. My goals are still to simply keep pushing myself every day and always remember to be humble, thankful and unselfish. I’m an only child so the last one is hard for me
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
I would say simply sticking with a nutrition regimen for a long period of time. I have never been able to do this, I’m a HUGE fat kid in real life.
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
Yes I do keep to an eating regimen. I dislike the word “diet”. I have been working to make eating a part of my lifestyle. Something that doesn’t eventually “go back to normal." That is really where you can begin to optimize your performance.
My dream cheat meal would be sitting down at the Cheesecake Factory for about 3-4 hours and eating 30% of the menu. I could also eat 17 pounds of Trolli sour worms.
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).
Bread and Butter-
5 Strict pull ups
6 push ups
7 Slam balls
8 Hang power cleans
20 min cap
20 back squats
200 m rum
20 wall balls
400 m run
20 push press
800 m run
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
I like to do hoodrat stuff with my friends.
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
I don’t like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It’s not funny at all. I feel like they try too hard.
Sally’s is the Best Pizza in New Haven and in the U.S. I just wanted to say that.
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
Do NOT worry about the guy/girl next to you or really, ahead of you. You signed up for you. And if you didn’t, you should re-evaluate that very quickly. Show up every day for yourself and use that hour to focus on what you need to work on both in and out of the gym. Never miss a work out unless it is absolutely necessary or it's National Cheesecake Day. Everything comes full circle in exercise and in life. So put out what you wish in return and things here at CFNH and everywhere else in your life will see benefit.