Chest-to-bars and Front Squat PRs. Victoria Culler has the mental game on lockdown and is our July Female Athlete of the Month!
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
I started my CrossFit journey, December of 2014 in Baltimore, Maryland. I hadn’t worked out in years. I was extremely nervous, due to having two knee injuries made me extremely reserved when I first started.
2. How have your goals and/or motivations changed in the last year? We're halfway through 2017, what are some of your goals for the rest of the year?
In the last year, I’ve been trying to push myself and give it 100% everyday to beat what I did the following day. Hitting a PR is my biggest motivation.
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
Before today, (7/17/17) I hit a huge PR on my Front Squat. Big thanks to Cole and Coach Poz for yelling at me to just put weight on the bar! As of today, I finally got chest to bars, which I’ve been struggling with for weeks!!
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
My diet is pretty strict through the week. I alternate between 30 net carbs 6 days a week, then Saturdays are usually my cheat day. To only carbs after a workout, but some how Ashley’s Ice Cream always seems to sneak in. I’m weak!
I have the biggest sweet tooth. My dream cheat day would consist of: a pint of Ashley’s Ice cream, preferably Café Vienna flavor, Fruity Pebbles doughnuts from Diablo Doughnuts in Baltimore, Cinnamon Bun Pancakes and a Banana Muffin from Hidden Kitchen, Butter Noodles and, last but not least, Sally’s Apizza.
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).
5 Rounds for Time, 10 min Cap (strength)
25 Back squats
15 GHD sit-ups
20 min AMRAP (weakness)
Buy in – 800m run
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
During the summer, Cole and I try to hike or run on Saturdays to stay active, or I’m at the beach.
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
I love football; I’m like a kid in a candy store on Sundays. Also, I’m a die-hard Ravens fan.
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
Fitness is 100% mental; your body won’t go where your mind doesn’t push it