in by Lindsay
You can find Adrian in the evening Crossfit classes, flying around the pull up rig and deadlifting well more than double his body weight. He constantly impresses us with the amount of power he can put out; just look at his snatches and his box jumps if you're curious. He's been with CFNH for less than a year, but he continues to inspire the coaches and fellow athletes with his dedication to improvement and his amazing athletic ability. A well deserved Athlete of the Month!
Please pay special attention to Adrian's answer to number 7...
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
I begin to practice in 2014. I practice for 6 months at "cf IWIA" in Ecuador then I traveled to the US. I stopped doing CrossFit while I was working in New York until in 2017 I join CrossFit New Haven.
2. It’s a brand new year, which means setting new goals. What are some of your new goals for 2018?
My new goals are to improve my resistance, performance, and capability so I can have a better level of competition. Another goal is to give the best of me in all the workouts. Also, another goal is to begin a healthy diet and being consistent
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
Some of my recent accomplishments are had begun weightlifting because it helped me to improve my technique, form, and force.
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
No really, I have tried to do a diet because I know the benefits in your health and your performance at workouts but It is really hard for me to do it and I haven't had success being consisted with a diet.
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).
5 RFT 15 min
5 clean 115
10 box jumps
AMRAP 20 min
15 wall ball
10 cal bike
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
Well, most of my time I work but the bit of free time that I got I spend with my family at home even though normally I very tired so I fell to sleep early.
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
Maybe many of my partner at practice Know this but one fact about me is that English is a new language for me. I'm still learning and improving my skills in this complex language. I can understand most of what people tell me but still hard for me to speak and that is the reason why I don't socialize with other people as I wish I could.
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
My advice is that there are no excuses to give up and every day we have to give our best to be better, because with hard work and consistency everything is possible, just set your mind for that goal.
*Please excuse if there is any misspelling I tried my best.