in by Lindsay
You can say that Ben is CrossFit New Haven's unofficial welcome wagon! He's the first to introduce himself to someone new, and he'll make you feel right at home inside our gym. He's also the guy you want next to you during a workout, for accountability and motivation to keep pushing. He works HARD, and he cares about doing that work RIGHT. Keep up the awesome work, Ben! We're lucky to have you as part of our community.
1. When and where did you start CrossFitting?
Boston, MA in 2008, but then I had a long break between 2013 and 2017, when I started back up at Crossfit New Haven.
2. We’re about halfway through 2018- What are some of your goals to accomplish before the year is over?
I'd like to string 50 double-unders together, and be able to run a consistent 8-min mile pace.
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you're most proud?
I finished MURPH in under an hour (Rx but no weight vest) for the first time ever.
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
I just try to eat fresh food and shop the periphery of the super market. I do, however, have a pretty wicked sweet tooth and don't always succeed in limiting my sugar intake.
5. Design 2 WODs: 1 that is your bread & butter, filled with your movement strengths; 1 that is all goats (movement weaknesses you feel you need to improve).I don't know if I have a bread & butter, but a WOD I really enjoy is "Fight Gone Bad". Short, varied, and high intensity. My goat workout is one that involves running, box jumps, and deadlifts.
6. How do you spend your time when you're away from CFNH?
My wife and I bought a house that requires a lot of attention. So I spend many hours doing yard work - functional fitness!
7. What is one fact that other CFNHers may not know about you?
I tend to tell everybody everything about me, so this is a hard one. Have I showed you pictures of my cute cat?
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at CFNH?
I try hard to leave my ego at the door and accept whatever I'm capable of that day. I think with patience and resolve you will always see progress.